Volkswagen Introduces the New Atlas
Volkswagen has a long history of innovation in vehicle design and functionality. The full-sized Atlas SUV is one of the most recent examples of the company’s eagerness to continue this tradition of excellence. The Atlas is perfect for a family thanks to its many family focused features. However, the technological advancements of the SUV also make it ideal for every driver, whether they have a large family or not.
It is impossible to list all the design features of the Atlas in their entirety. The following are a few of the most notable:
- Remote Power Liftgate:This feature allows you to automatically unlock your Atlas and lift the hatch remotely.
- Hands-free Easy Open Power Liftgate:A simple kick of your foot under the back of the SUV is all it takes to open the hatch of your Atlas, provided you have the key in your pocket.
- Room For Three Child SeatsWe all know car seats take up an excessive amount of room. However, designers of the Atlas ensured that three child seats could all be installed side-by-side in the second row.
- Seventeen Cup Holders:Let that sink in for a minute. Seventeen cup holders! Imagine the amount of sippy cups and juice boxes the Atlas can handle.
- Ample Cargo Room:The back hatch of the Atlas opens to reveal a spacious cargo area. If you need more space than this, fold down the 3rd room for even more room. When you need to haul even more, fold down the second row as well. Designers made sure this is an easy endeavor.
The following are some ways technology is incorporated into the Atlas’ design:
- Personalized Profiles:The Atlas can store up to seven different profiles. This means when a driver gets in to drive, the Atlas remembers their specific settings and preferences.
- High-End Entertainment:You can bring along your podcasts, soundtracks and favorite tunes with you when driving the Atlas. By inserting an SD card, you can connect compatible devices using the Volkswagen Car-Net App-Connect.
Above all else, we feel a good SUV must be safe. Thankfully, the Atlas fits the bill in this department as well. The following is more information on just some of the Atlas’ safety features:
- Safety Cage:Rear and front crumple zones that deflect away from the driver and passengers in an accident.
- High-Strength Steel:High-strength alloy steel is utilized in various exterior body panels, which adds to the Atlas’ sturdiness and safety.
- Post-Collision Braking System:In some collisions, the car won’t come to a complete stop. That’s where this system comes into play. It automatically stops the vehicle after a collision. This reduces the chance of additional impacts.
Another important aspect of any car is how it performs. The following are a few performance facts about the Atlas that you should know about:
- 4Motion:This is a feature on the Atlas that distributes power between the front and back wheels. This optimizes traction and stability.
- High Towing Capacity:When equipped, the Atlas has a 5,000-lb towing capacity and can easily tow trailers.
- Triptronic and Sport Mode:The Atlas has eight speeds, which enhances its efficiency and improves performance. Triptronic mode allows drivers to shift manually.